Erin Mills is a planned community that has been under continuous development since the late 1960's. Built on land originally accumulated by E. P. Taylor's Don Mills Developments in 1954, for more than a decade Erin Mills was a project of the Cadillac Fairview Corporation. In 1983 Erin Mills was purchased by the Erin Mills Development Corporation and has been developed by them ever since. Today, the ever-growing community includes the Credit Valley Hospital; the Erin Mills Town Centre, a regional Shopping Centre owned 50% by each of Erin Mills Development and Cadillac Fairview and anchored by The Bay, Sears, and Eatons; a multi-purpose sports arena; apartment buildings and business parks and dozens of residential communities of single-family homes, condominium and freehold town homes.
ConDrain has been the contractor responsible for the infrastructure servicing for Erin Mills since its inception and has completed all of the grading, underground servicing and road building within the project. As a part owner of the Erin Mills Development Corporation, ConDrain has participated in the overall management of the project by advising on construction alternatives and providing value engineering. Drawings have been reviewed during the design process to identify areas where efficiency of construction can produce potential cost savings.
Some of the major components that have been built by ConDrain over the years include twin 3000mm and quadruple 2700mm diameter trunk storm sewers; poured and precast box culverts; the Glen Erin Brook energy dissipater; Lake Wabukayne with its dam and boardwalk; storm water detention facilities and open channels; trunk and local sanitary sewers; trunk and local watermains; pedestrian overpasses and underpasses; parks; roads and parking lots; site services for the Credit Valley Hospital, Erin Mills Town Centre and numerous neighbourhood shopping centres, industrial buildings, townhouse and apartment developments.
The original Erin Mills land holding was 7,000 acres. Approximately 5,500 acres has been serviced by ConDrain since 1969.